How often do you sit down to do a project and you get distracted by the darnedest thing?
Phone rings and it’s a family member or friend that simply want to chat, you check your phone and there’s a new notification on Social Media, you check it and there ya have it, an hour later and you’re still watching cat videos.
So how do you stop from getting distracted?
Here are a few things you can do to help stay on task:
- Turn your phone to Do Not Disturb (they can wait, I promise)
- Log off all social media accounts (newfeeds are the worst distractions)
- Log out of messenger (again, you’re busy)
- Turn off the tv (background noises are the worst)
- Designate a time when you don’t have the children or spouse to distract you (you can always bribe them too)
- Make a checklist to help stay on task (lists are my favorite)
You’ll be amazed by how much you can accomplish when you shut off the distractions.